Saturday 19 April 2014

Bluebell Time



When my old mum moved to live in the same town as us six years ago, I made a promise that each year when the bluebells were in bloom in a local wood, I would take her to see them. Today was that day for the annual visit, some three weeks earlier than the visit last year but then how different the Springs have been. Mind you, isn't that the joy of nature, the quirks and variations that give us all something to note in our mind's diary or give us something to talk about.

However, the show of bluebells, whenever they happen, is always something to talk about, and as for the scent of these Spring wonders - you just have to be there to take it in.

Stunning!








4 comments:

  1. Stunning! I plan to go to our local bluebell wood next week, I think it'll be quieter after the Easter weekend and, possibly selfishly, I rather like it to myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a cooling of the weather that is forecast over the next few days, they shouldn't blow over too quickly.
      Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. So nice, I think our local wood has some bluebells in it, but doesn't beautifully flood the floor like you've posted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicholas. As you know, it is a case of being in the right place at the right time, for both the light and the peak of the carpet of blue - but bluebells where ever they are will always provide delight.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog.
Please feel free to share this post and I would love to hear thoughts and feedback.