Wednesday 16 March 2011

'Elf 'n Safety Goes to the Grave


Following my posting on 9th March where I stated that I was dying to know what had prompted the sign to appear outside the cemetery in West Cork, a friend has just enlightened me. She says

"This has just happened so it is the talk of the place. It is an age long tradition here in Ireland that family members or friends dig the graves - in fact, it is an honour to be asked. There is uproar over this latest Health & Safety regulation to be imposed. Protests to be expected!"

"Unfortunately it seems that ever more restricting Health and Safety regulations, both sides of the Irish sea, don't look set to die a death any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog.
Please feel free to share this post and I would love to hear thoughts and feedback.